UMES defeats North Carolina A&T 62-52Feb 9, 2010 - 3:07 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Hillary Haley scored 20 points to lead Maryland-Eastern Shore to a 62-52 win over North Carolina A&T on Monday night.
Tim Burns finished with 13 points and four steals for the Hawks (7-16, 5-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), while Tyler Hines added 12 points and 12 rebounds.
The Hawks used a 10-0 run in the second half to jump out to a 47-36 lead after a layup from Haley with 11:34 remaining in the game.
A layup from Burns gave the Hawks their largest lead of the game at 52-38 with 9:12 left in the game, and the Aggies never got any closer than within eight points the rest of the way.
Dwane Joshua scored 19 points to lead the Aggies (8-16, 4-6).
The Hawks shot 42.3 percent from the field in the second half (11-for-26). The Aggies shot 30.4 percent in the second half (7-for-23).
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 62
NC A&T 52 FINAL
Feb 8 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 26
NC A&T 25 HALFTIME
Feb 8 7:44 PM
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19