Dayton thumps 1st-place Charlotte 75-47Feb 11, 2010 - 2:27 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Wright scored a career-high 30 points Wednesday to lead Dayton to a 75-47 victory over Charlotte, tightening the Atlantic 10 race.
Dayton (17-6, 6-3), who was the preseason favorite to win the A10, has rebounded from consecutive one-point conference losses with three straight victories to help create a logjam of seven teams with either two or three losses.
Charlotte (18-6, 8-2) entered the game alone in first place but fell into a tie with Xavier and Richmond.
Dayton took control with a 13-3 run to start the second half, sparked by Wright's 10 points, including consecutive 3-pointers, to push the lead to 43-30. Dayton's lead grew to 73-44 with 2:20 to play.
Charlotte maintained a small lead for most of the first half until Wright and Chris Johnson ignited a 17-10 run over the final seven minutes to take a 30-27 lead at halftime.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Mark Price named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 26
- Reports: Price to be named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 25
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20