Harris' 40 points leads Navy past Lehigh 85-78Feb 11, 2010 - 3:44 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- Chris Harris scored 40 points, hitting eight 3-pointers, and Navy snapped Lehigh's seven-game win streak in an 85-78 victory on Wednesday night.
Harris went 10-for-21 from the floor and 12-for-13 from the free throw line in 38 minutes for the Midshipmen (12-12, 6-3 Patriot League), who have won three in a row. O.J. Avworo finished with eight points and 11 assists on two turnovers.
Romeo Garcia had 10 points and seven rebounds before fouling out for Navy, which never trailed after Jordan Sugars' 3-pointer gave the Midshipmen a 63-60 lead with 8:28 to play.
The Mountain Hawks (15-9, 6-3) cut Navy's margin to four points with 42 seconds left on a jumper by freshman C.J. McCollum, who finished with his second straight double-double with 27 points and 10 rebounds. But Harris answered with four straight free throws.
Lehigh's Zahir Carrington had 15 points and 10 boards.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9
- Lehigh opens season in Lone Star State against No. 19 Baylor Nov 9
- Xavier advances with win over Lehigh Mar 19
- With spot in Sweet 16 on the line, Lehigh takes on Xavier Mar 18
- Wow! Lehigh shocks second-seeded Duke Mar 17