Kent State knocks off Ball State 76-42Feb 11, 2010 - 2:18 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Singletary and Anthony Simpson scored 11 points each to lead Kent State to a 76-42 victory over Ball State on Wednesday night.
Justin Greene added 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Golden Flashes (18-7, 9-2 Mid-American Conference), who have eight consecutive games and 17 straight against MAC West opponents.
Randal Holt scored five straight points to give Kent State a 27-21 lead with 1:57 left in the first half and Simpson and Brandon Parks each scored for a 31-21 halftime advantage.
The Golden Flashes pushed the margin to 38-25 on Singletary's two free throws and 40-25 on Frank Henry-Ala's tip-in with 15:22 to play.
Holt finished with 10 points and six assists. Eleven Kent State players scored.
Terrence Watson, Randy Davis and Jauwan Scaife scored eight points each for Ball State (12-11, 6-5), which shot 28.8 percent from the field (15-for-52).
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Ball State names Whitford hoops coach Apr 6
- Ball State fires hoops coach Mar 14
- No. 1 Indiana dominates Ball State Nov 25
- Ball State comes calling on No. 1 Indiana Nov 25
- Kent State visits West Virginia in early morning clash Nov 15