Long Beach State tops Cal Poly-SLO 78-72Feb 12, 2010 - 5:32 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- T. J. Robinson had 14 points and 11 rebounds Thursday night and Long Beach State defeated Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 78-72.
Four other players scored in double figures for the 49ers (12-12, 6-5 Big West), who rallied from a 41-31 halftime deficit.
Eugene Phelps was the leader with 15 points, Stephan Gilling and Greg Plater had 14 apiece and Casper Ware added 10. The 49ers made 60 percent of their shots in the second half and ended the night with a 50 percent success rate (28-for-56) in avenging a 90-79 home loss to the Mustangs last month.
David Hanson led Cal Poly (8-15, 5-6) with 19 points. Lorenzo Keeler had 17 points and a career-high 10 assists for the Mustangs. Shawn Lewis also scored 17 points.
Cal Poly shot 38 percent in the game. The Mustangs were better outside the 3-point line, making 13-of-33 for 39 percent.
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21