Florida Atlantic beats Louisiana Lafayette 76-72Feb 12, 2010 - 3:15 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Sanchez Hughley made a go-ahead layup with 21 seconds left to lift Florida Atlantic to a 76-72 win over Louisiana Lafayette on Thursday night.
Hughley scored six of his 13 points in the final 1:39 for the Owls (13-12, 9-5 Sun Belt Conference), who trailed 69-68 when Louisiana Lafayette's Tyren Johnson hit a jumper. Hughley's back-to-back layups put Florida Atlantic ahead by three with 1:14 to play.
The Ragin' Cajuns (11-13, 8-5) tied the game at 72 with 54 seconds left on a 3-pointer by Randell Daigle, who finished with 17 points. But Hughley, who went 5-for-11 from the floor, scored off an Alex Tucker assist to put the Owls up for good.
Greg Gantt led Florida Atlantic with 23 points and Brett Royster had a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Tucker had 12 points and six assists, while Raymond Taylor added 10.
Johnson scored 19 points for Louisiana Lafayette.
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 72
FLA ATLANTIC 76 FINAL
Feb 11 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 35
FLA ATLANTIC 47 HALFTIME
Feb 11 7:48 PM
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22