High Point defeats Coastal Carolina 69-65Feb 12, 2010 - 2:36 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Eugene Harris scored 14 points to help High Point pull away late and knock off Coastal Carolina 69-65 on Thursday night.
Corey Law's layup gave High Point (12-12, 7-6 Big South Conference) a 65-63 lead with 1:31 left and Harris knocked down a jumper for a 67-63 advantage with 47 seconds to play.
Coastal Carolina's Joseph Harris hit two free throws with 35 seconds remaining, but Tehran Cox sealed the victory with a layup with 7 seconds to play.
Coastal Carolina (21-5, 11-3), which entered the night with a two-game lead in the Big South, was 19-for-49 from the field (38.8 percent).
Earnest Bridges scored 13 points and Jairus Simms added 12 points for High Point, which avenged its 75-58 loss to Coastal Carolina on Jan. 16.
Mario Edwards scored 14, Harris had 12 points and 11 rebounds, and Logan Johnson and Chad Gray added 11 points each for Coastal Carolina.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 65
HIGH POINT 69 FINAL
Feb 11 9:00 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 35
HIGH POINT 43 HALFTIME
Feb 11 7:55 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20