North Texas routs New Orleans 68-46Feb 12, 2010 - 4:41 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Josh White scored 18 points and North Texas routed New Orleans 68-46 on Thursday night.
The Mean Green (16-8, 9-5 Sun Belt Conference) bolted to a 17-3 lead less than six minutes into the game and led 39-21 at halftime. Leading 47-34 with 11:51 remaining in the game, North Texas went on a 21-9 run to grab its biggest lead at 68-43 with 1:47 to play. A 3-pointer by Antwone Matlock capped the run for the Mean Green.
North Texas held a 46-34 rebounding edge, as George Odufuwa led the way with 13 boards.
The Mean Green also outshot the Privateers (7-18, 2-12), who will be making the transition to Division III next season. North Texas made 40.4 percent of its field goal attempts (19 of 47) while the Privateers made only 23 percent (14 for 61).
Carl Blair had 11 points, and Destin Damachoua and Devin McDonald each scored 10 for the Privateers, who have lost seven in a row.
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7
- Hilltoppers and Mean Green collide in Sun Belt title game Mar 6
- Moultrie, No. 24 MSU easily beat North Texas Nov 27