IUPUI knocks off Centenary 88-77Feb 12, 2010 - 3:53 AM SHREVEPORT, La.(AP) -- Alex Young scored 30 points and Robert Glenn added 24 points to lead IUPUI to an 88-77 victory over Centenary on Thursday night.
Young and Glenn missed only five shots between them as the Jaguars (18-8,11-2 Summit League) shot 84.2 percent from the field in the second half (16-for-19) and 69.8 percent in the game (30-for-43) for their eighth victory in nine games.
Centenary (8-17, 3-11) hit five 3-pointers and outscored IUPUI 52-50 in the second half, but couldn't overcome a 38-25 halftime deficit.
The Jaguars pulled away late in the first half as Billy Pettiford converted a three-point play. They pushed the lead to 49-27 on Glenn's layup with 15:57 remaining.
Jon Avery added 13 points for IUPUI.
David Perez scored 16, Matt Marseille added 14, Maxx Makwaasah had 13, and Daman Starring and Jeron Trotman added 12 points each for Centenary.
- NCAA BB
CENTENARY 77 FINAL
Feb 11 9:57 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTENARY 25 HALFTIME
Feb 11 8:45 PM
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- No. 5 Michigan stomps IUPUI Nov 13
- Wolverines take on Jaguars in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 12
- No. 5 Louisville has easy time with IUPUI Dec 8
- Jags and Cards mix it up in Louisville Dec 7
- San Diego State hangs on to down IUPUI Dec 23
- Sullinger leads No. 2 Ohio State over IUPUI Dec 9
- Leonard leads Aztecs past IUPUI Nov 21
- Gonzaga has its way with IUPUI Nov 15
- NCAA orders IUPUI to vacate wins in 6 sports Mar 30
- IUPUI 64, Oakland, Mich. 76 Mar 10
- Nelson carries Oakland to Summit title, NCAA berth Mar 10