Western Illinois staves off Oral Roberts 64-62Feb 12, 2010 - 3:16 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Ceola Clark nearly doubled his season average with 25 points as he led Western Illinois to a 64-62 victory over Oral Roberts on Thursday night.
Clark, who entered with a 13.4 average, was 10 of 15 from the field for the Leathernecks (10-14, 3-10 Summit League), who never trailed. His basket with 1:22 left gave them a 64-60 lead.
Dominique Morrison paced the Golden Eagles (14-12, 9-5) with 22 points and 11 rebounds.
Michael Craion's basket cut Oral Roberts' deficit to 64-62 with 58 seconds left. Morrison had a chance to tie the game, but his driving shot with 4.3 remaining rolled off the rim. Western Illinois' Quenton Kirby grabbed the rebound and was fouled.
Kirby missed the front end of a one-and-one to give the Golden Eagles a final chance, but Morrison narrowly missed a 23-foot shot that could have won the game as time expired.
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oral Roberts forced to forfeit two Southland games Jan 7
- Baylor cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 31
- Bears set sights on Golden Eagles Dec 30
- No. 11 Wichita State cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 7
- Shockers play host to Golden Eagles Dec 7
- Kaminsky leads Wisconsin past Oral Roberts Nov 24
- Golden Eagles hope to soar past 12th-ranked Badgers Nov 23
- No. 4 Arizona routs Oral Roberts Dec 19
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7