South Alabama nips FIU 69-65 in OTFeb 12, 2010 - 4:14 AM MOBILE, Ala.(AP) -- Martino Brock scored 18 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, and South Alabama beat Florida International 69-65 in overtime on Thursday night.
Tied 60-60 after regulation, South Alabama went on a 9-3 run to begin overtime and take a 69-63 lead with 18 seconds remaining after two free throws by Allyn Cooks. The Jaguars made 5 of 6 free throws in overtime.
Gary Redus added 14 points, DeAndre Hersey had 12 and Tim Williams scored 10 for the Jaguars (14-12, 6-8 Sun Belt Conference), who have won two of their past three games.
Neither team shot well as South Alabama made only 33.8 percent of its field goal attempts (25-for-74), while FIU made 33.3 percent (21-for-63).
Tremayne Russell led FIU (7-20, 4-10) with 20 points, Marvin Roberts added 17 and Marlon Bright had 12. It was FIU's fourth loss in a row.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH ALABAMA 69 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 11 10:26 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH ALABAMA 28 HALFTIME
Feb 11 8:56 PM
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- FIU tabs Evans as head coach Apr 16
- South Alabama names Graves new basketball coach Mar 25
- Western Kentucky wins back-to-back Sun Belt titles Mar 12
- Hilltoppers and Panthers duke it out for Sun Belt crown Mar 11