Couisnard leads UMKC to 65-56 victory over UMKCFeb 12, 2010 - 3:38 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- Jay Couisnard had 20 points and 10 rebounds Thursday, and UMKC shot twice as many free throws as IPFW en route to a 65-56 victory.
The Kangaroos (11-13, 5-8 Summit) hit 26 of 33 free-throw attempts compared to 13 of 16 for IPFW (11-13, 6-8).
Bakari Lewis added 17 points and LaTreze Mushatt 12 for UMKC, while Spencer Johnson had 10 points and 11 rebounds. The Kangaroos outrebounded the Mastodons 42-28.
Nick Daniels led IPFW with 16 points, and Deilvez Yearby had 10.
Neither team shot well from the field. UMKS was 17 for 44 (38.6 percent) while IPFW was only 17 of 58 (29.3 percent). The Mastodons stayed close in the first half, trailing 31-27 at the break, but shot only 20 percent (6 for 30) in the second half.
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- NDSU downs IPFW for Summit League crown Mar 12
- Mastodons challenge Bison in Summit League title game Mar 11
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12