Arizona State slogs past Oregon State 56-46Feb 12, 2010 - 3:27 AM By ANDREW BAGNATO AP Sports Writer
TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Derek Glasser scored 16 points and Jerren Shipp had 11 as Arizona State defeated Oregon State 56-46 on Thursday night to keep pace in the tightly contested Pac-10 race.
Ty Abbott had nine points and nine rebounds for the Sun Devils (17-8, 7-5 Pac-10), who rebounded from a 23-point loss at Washington last weekend. ASU entered in a five-way tie for second place, one game behind California.
ASU took control with a 12-0 run late in the first half, with Abbott hitting a pair of 3-pointers.
Calvin Haynes scored 15 points on 5-of-22 shooting for Oregon State (10-13, 4-7), which has dropped eight of 10 road games.
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Arizona State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Hurley adds big boost of excitement at Arizona State Oct 28