Eastern Illinois edges Morehead State 76-75Feb 12, 2010 - 4:51 AM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Tyler Laser hit two free throws on a technical foul with 1 second left as Eastern Illinois edged Morehead State 76-75 on Thursday night.
Maze Stallworth drained a 3-pointer with 14 seconds left to put Morehead State ahead 75-74.
As the Panthers came up the court, the ball was knocked away, and a Morehead State player tried to call a timeout. But the Eagles had used all their timeouts, so a technical was called, and Laser hit the free throws.
James Hollowell had 23 points, Laser 16 and Jeremy Granger 10 for the Panthers (13-11, 7-7 Ohio Valley).
Eastern Illinois shot 57.8 percent (26 of 45) from the field and 95.5 percent (21 of 22) from the line.
Kenneth Faried led the Eagles (17-8, 11-3) with 19 points but had his string of nine straight double-doubles halted with seven rebounds. Stallworth scored 18 points and Demonte Harper 15.
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 75
EASTRN ILLINOIS 76 FINAL
Feb 11 11:12 PM
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 40
EASTRN ILLINOIS 40 HALFTIME
Feb 11 9:57 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23
- Kentucky overcomes pesky Morehead State Nov 21