Eastern Kentucky edges SE Missouri 59-56Feb 12, 2010 - 4:12 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Josh Taylor scored 18 points and Eastern Kentucky held on to defeat Southeast Missouri 59-56 Thursday night.
Eastern Kentucky (18-8, 10-4 Ohio Valley) never trailed, but saw a 19-point lead dwindle to two points in the closing seconds. The Redhawks (7-18, 3-11) went on a 25-8 run but the Colonels held on with a late layup by Taylor and Papa Oppong's free throw with 13 seconds left.
Southeast Missouri missed a pair of 3-point shots in their attempt to tie the game.
Justin Stommes had 14 points and Josh Daniel added 12 for the Colonels.
Anthony Allison was the only Redhawk in double figures with 20 points. LaMont Russell had 10 rebounds for Southeast Missouri, which owned a 41-34 edge in rebounds.
Eastern Kentucky shot 50 percent in the first half in building a 36-23 lead, but cooled off to 31 percent in the second half.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN KENTUCKY 59
SE MISSOURI 56 FINAL
Feb 11 10:47 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN KENTUCKY 36
SE MISSOURI 23 HALFTIME
Feb 11 9:35 PM
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Wisconsin (12-0) off to best start in school history Dec 14