Quayle, Wesley lead Utah State to 72-67 victoryFeb 12, 2010 - 4:08 AM BOISE, Idaho(AP) -- Jared Quayle scored 14 points and Tai Wesley added 13 to lead Utah State to a 72-67 victory over Boise State on Thursday night.
The win was the ninth in a row for Utah State (19-6, 9-2 Western Athletic).
Boise State (11-13, 2-9) dropped into last place in the nine-team conference.
Wesley scored nine of the Aggies' first 10 second-half points and his fast-break layup gave Utah State its first double-digit lead at 45-35 with 16:41 remaining. Quayle followed with two free throws and Nate Bendall added a basket to complete a 10-0 run that gave Utah State a 14-point lead with just under 15 minutes left.
Boise State used an 18-6 run to pull within 63-59 with 2:09 remaining on Anthony Thomas' layup. The Broncos got within two points twice in the final 20 seconds.
Thomas scored 15 points to lead Boise State.
- NCAA BB
UTAH ST 72
BOISE ST 67 FINAL
Feb 11 10:58 PM
- NCAA BB
UTAH ST 35
BOISE ST 31 HALFTIME
Feb 11 9:46 PM
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9