Columbia beats Penn 66-62Feb 14, 2010 - 2:41 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Niko Scott scored 29 points, knocking down seven 3-pointers, to lead Columbia past Penn 66-62 on Saturday night.
Scott was 7-for-9 from beyond the arc for the Lions (9-13, 3-5 Ivy League), who finished 9-for-16 from long range (56.3 percent). The Quakers were just 5-for-16 from 3-point range (31.3 percent).
Asenso Ampim added 12 points for the Lions, while Noruwa Agho grabbed 11 rebounds.
Scott nailed a pair of 3-pointers in the first 2 minutes and hit two more to cap a 17-9 run to open the contest.
The Lions cruised to a seven-point lead at halftime, but Quakers chipped away, taking their first lead at 50-48 on a pair of Zack Rosen foul shots with 7:04 left.
But four players scored during Columbia's 9-3 run minutes later and the Lions held on.
Mike Howlett paced the Quakers (4-16, 3-3) with 14 points.
- NCAA BB
PENN 62 FINAL
Feb 13 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
PENN 28 HALFTIME
Feb 13 7:47 PM
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4