Sacred Heart sinks St. Francis 62-50Feb 13, 2010 - 11:30 PM FAIRFIELD, Conn.(AP) -- Corey Hassan scored 13 points, leading four Sacred Heart players in double figures as the Pioneers beat St. Francis (N.Y.) 62-50 on Saturday.
Jerrell Thompson added 12 points while Liam Potter and Mehmet Sahan finished with 10 apiece for the Pioneers (13-12, 6-8 Northeast Conference), who snapped a five-game losing slide. Potter also added 10 rebounds.
Hassan also hit three 3-pointers for the Pioneers, who shot 5-for-15 from beyond the arc (33.3 percent). The Terriers were just 2-for-16 (12.5 percent).
The Terriers led 17-13 with 5:59 left in the first half on Akeem Bennett's dunk. But Nick Greenbacker's layup sparked a 15-2 run into the break for the Pioneers, and they never trailed again.
Sacred Heart outscored the Terriers 34-31 to seal it in the second half.
Bennett scored 13 points for the Terriers (10-15, 7-7), who have dropped five of their last six.
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- Sacred Heart beats Monmouth NJ 68-63 Feb 27
- Central Connecticut State beats St. Francis 68-56 Feb 27