William & Mary tops Northeastern 53-52Feb 14, 2010 - 2:37 AM WILLIAMSBURG, Va.(AP) -- Kendrix Brown hit a jumper with 7 seconds left to propel William & Mary to a 53-52 win over Northeastern on Saturday night.
Danny Sumner scored 14 points to lead the Tribe (17-7, 9-5 Colonial Athletic Association), who are on a three-game win streak. Danny Schneider scored 11, while Marcus Kitts grabbed 10 rebounds.
A free throw from Quinn McDowell gave William & Mary a 51-49 lead with 33 seconds left. But Northeastern's Chaisson Allen responded with a three-point play to give the Huskies a 52-51 advantage with 23 seconds remaining. The Tribe then called timeout, and Brown hit his game-winning jumper.
Allen missed a jumper for Northeastern with 1 second left.
Allen scored 10 points to lead the Huskies (17-8, 12-2). Northeastern had a four-game win streak snapped.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 53 FINAL
Feb 13 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 28 HALFTIME
Feb 13 7:47 PM
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Shockers overcome slow start to down William & Mary Nov 15
- Shockers take on Tribe in CBE Hall of Fame Classic Nov 14
- James Madison wins CAA crown, ends NCAA tourney drought Mar 12