St. Francis edges Central Connecticut State 59-57Feb 13, 2010 - 8:48 PM NEW BRITAIN, Conn.(AP) -- Will Felder scored 15 points and hit a 3-pointer with 46 seconds left to give St. Francis (Pa.) a 59-57 win over Central Connecticut State on Saturday.
Trailing 55-53 with 2:11 left, Felder's 3 put the Red Flash (9-16, 7-7 Northeast Conference) ahead 56-55. The Blue Devils (9-16, 6-8) reclaimed the lead on two free throws by Joe Seymore with 54 seconds left, but Felder answered just 8 seconds later.
After Central Connecticut State missed a 3, the Red Flash turned the ball over giving the Blue Devils a chance to tie.
However, two missed baskets by Devan Bailey sealed a second-straight win for St. Francis. The Red Flash, who shot 55.6 percent from the field (25 of 45), snapped a 23-game road losing streak at Bryant on Thursday.
Devin Sweetney scored 16 points and Sorena Orani added 13 for St. Francis.
David Simmons had 14 points for the Blue Devils.
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS PA 59
CENTRAL CONN 57 FINAL
Feb 13 2:44 PM
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS PA 30
CENTRAL CONN 21 HALFTIME
Feb 13 1:39 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31
- Boeheim in search of yet another milestone Dec 31
- No. 1 Indiana pounds Central Connecticut State Dec 9