Lehigh beats Army 78-66Feb 14, 2010 - 3:58 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- C.J. McCollum scored a season-high 33 points to lift Lehigh to a 78-66 victory over Army on Saturday night.
McCollum became the first freshman in program history to score 25 or more points in five games in the same season.
Lehigh (16-9, 7-3 Patriot League), eclipsed its win total from last season and is in first in the conference standings.
Marquis Hall added 14 points and eight assists and Michael Ojo had 11 points in Lehigh's eighth straight regular season victory over the Black Knights at Stabler Arena.
Lehigh outrebounded Army 35-31 and scored 19 points off 17 turnovers. The Mountain Hawks shot 53.1 percent from the floor (26-for-49) and held Army to 40.4 percent (23-for-57).
Jeremy Hence scored 14 points to pace the Black Knights (13-11, 3-7).
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9
- Lehigh opens season in Lone Star State against No. 19 Baylor Nov 9
- Xavier advances with win over Lehigh Mar 19
- With spot in Sweet 16 on the line, Lehigh takes on Xavier Mar 18