North Carolina Central defeats Longwood 81-78Feb 14, 2010 - 2:51 AM DURHAM, N.C.(AP) -- Vincent Davis came off the bench to score 23 points and C.J. Wilkerson scored 20, including eight free throws in the final 3:18, as North Carolina Central held on to beat Longwood 81-78 on Saturday night.
The Eagles (7-21) led 64-51 with 12:15 remaining after a layup and a 3-pointer by Davis on consecutive possessions, but the Lancers (9-17) rallied to take a 71-70 lead on Dana Smith's layup with 4:03 remaining.
Two free throws by Wilkerson put the Eagles back on top, and the game was tied 78-78 with 1:16 left after a layup by Antwan Carter.
Wilkerson broke the tie with a pair of free throws with 2 seconds left, and Dami Sapara added another after a Longwood turnover.
Nick Chasten and Dijon Manns scored 15 points apiece for North Carolina Central.
Carter led Longwood with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Smith scored 16 points and Martiz Washington had 15 points.
- NCAA BB
NC CENTRAL 81 FINAL
Feb 13 9:17 PM
- NCAA BB
NC CENTRAL 47 HALFTIME
Feb 13 7:54 PM
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10