Texas Southern overwhelms Grambling State 87-66Feb 14, 2010 - 1:28 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Deandre Hall scored 32 points and Travele Jones had 21 as Texas Southern defeated Grambling State 87-66 Saturday.
Aaron Clayborn added 18 points for Texas Southern (12-11, 8-3 Southwestern Athletic), which coasted after building a 26-point lead early in the second half.
Donald Qualls led Grambling State (6-14, 4-8) with 20 points. Rupert Rose finished with 13.
A dunk by Jones with 14:49 to play capped a 10-2 run for Texas Southern and extended its lead to 56-30. Grambling State, which never led, didn't get closer than 16 the rest of the way.
Hall scored 26 of his points in the first half as Texas Southern built a 41-26 advantage.
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- TCU thumps Grambling State Dec 23
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Washington routs Grambling State Dec 18
- Tigers face tall task in clash with 16th-ranked Huskies Dec 17
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19