Stephen F. Austin powers past McNeese State 69-56Feb 14, 2010 - 2:38 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Jereal Scott scored 18 points, including 15 in the second half, to help Stephen F. Austin glide past McNeese State 69-56 on Saturday night.
Scott also led the game in rebounding, pulling eight off the boards as the Lumberjacks (18-6, 8-3 Southland) took their seventh victory in their past eight outings.
The Lumberjacks shot almost 60 percent from the field, faring far better than on Wednesday when they beat Northwestern State despite shooting just 37 percent.
SFA got off to an early lead, keeping the Cowboys (8-16, 3-7) to just 12 points in the first half. McNeese State held its own in the second period with each team scoring 44 points, but the Cowboys couldn't overcome the early deficit.
The Lumberjacks' Eddie Williams finished with 14 points and Jordan Glynn added 11.
Patrick Richard led the Cowboys with 14 points.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15