SE Louisiana beats Nicholls St. 76-63Feb 13, 2010 - 11:52 PM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Trent Hutchin scored 21 points and Patrick Sullivan recorded a double-double, leading Southeastern Louisiana in a 76-63 win over Nicholls State on Saturday.
Sullivan scored 19 points and pulled down 12 boards while Rodney Jones finished with 16 points for the Lions (14-9, 6-4 Southland Conference), who have won four of their last five. The second game of that streak was also a win against the Colonels, as the Lions won 84-65 on Jan. 30 at Nicholls State.
Southeastern Louisiana led by just two points at the break, but Hutchin's 3-pointer less than a minute out of halftime sparked a 16-1 run for the Lions and they cruised the rest of the way.
Fred Hunter paced Nicholls State (7-17, 3-8) with 21 points and Anatoly Bose added 20. The Colonels are on a five-game losing skid, dropping four games since the home loss to the Lions in January.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19