Belmont 70, S.C.-Upstate 57Feb 14, 2010 - 3:36 AM SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) -- Ian Clark scored 22 points and Belmont defeated South Carolina-Upstate 70-57 on Saturday night.
The game was originally scheduled for 2 p.m. but was pushed back five hours because Belmont's trip from Nashville took 20 hours as its team bus was stuck on a north Georgia interstate that closed temporarily due to a snowstorm.
Kerron Johnson added 11 points for the Bruins (16-10, 11-5 Big South Conference), who lead the series against the Spartans 6-0.
The Bruins nabbed a season-high 22 offensive rebounds and outrebounded the Spartans 45-32. The Bruins also turned 18 Spartans' turnovers into 25 points.
Belmont led 36-30 at halftime and built its biggest lead at 55-43 on a 3-pointer by Clark with 8:59 remaining.
Rick Schneiders scored 22 points, Pat Posey added 11 and Mezie Uzochukwu had 10 for the Spartans (5-20, 5-11).
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Strong second half lifts Maryland over USC Upstate Dec 13
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Spartans Dec 13
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21
- Belmont shocks No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17