Cal Poly gets by UC Riverside in double OT, 87-84Feb 14, 2010 - 5:29 AM RIVERSIDE, Calif.(AP) -- David Hanson scored a career-high 26 points and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo edged UC Riverside 87-84 in double overtime Saturday night.
Shawn Lewis added 18 points and Charles Anderson 13 for the Mustangs (9-15, 6-6 Big West), who scored the first five points of the second overtime period and led the rest of the way.
Kyle Austin led the Highlanders (9-15, 3-9) with a career-best 39 points and Lateef McMullan had 15.
McMullan hit two free throws to tie the score at 77 with 25 seconds to play in the first overtime. The game went to a second OT after Hanson missed two free throws with 1 second left.
Another missed free throw sent the game into overtime. With Riverside trailing 66-65 with 14 seconds to play in regulation, Brandon Dowdy missed his first foul shot before making his second.
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 87
UC RIVERSIDE 84 FINAL IN 2ND OT
Feb 13 10:41 PM
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 30
UC RIVERSIDE 25 HALFTIME
Feb 13 9:10 PM
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Oregon routs Cal Poly Dec 2