Loyola of Chicago defeats Illinois-Chicago 80-63Feb 14, 2010 - 3:31 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Geoff McCammon scored 26 points and Loyola of Chicago cruised past Illinois-Chicago 80-63 Saturday night.
Terrance Hill added 15 points for the Ramblers (14-11, 5-10 Horizon). Walt Gibler scored 11 points and Courtney Stanley had 10 points and eight assists for Loyola. Andy Polka grabbed 11 rebounds and Ben Averkamp blocked four shots. McCammon and Hill each went 4-for-6 from 3-point range.
Zavion Neely and K. C. Robbins had 13 points apiece for the Flames (6-19, 2-13). Robbins also had eight rebounds and three blocked shots. Chris Buchanan scored 10 points for UIC.
Loyola led 35-33 at the half and it was 46-44 about 5 minutes into the second half. The Ramblers then outscored the Flames 20-8 over the next 10 minutes and eventually led by 18 points.
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28