Morgan State beats Winston-Salem 79-65Feb 14, 2010 - 12:30 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Reggie Holmes scored 26 points to lead Morgan State to a 79-65 win over Winston-Salem on Saturday, extending the Bears winning streak to 11 games.
Troy Smith finished with 18 points and eight rebounds for Morgan State (19-7), who hasn't lost since 79-63 defeat to Baylor on Jan. 6. DeWayne Jackson scored 10 points and Rodney Stokes had 10 rebounds - six offensive.
The Bears pulled away early against Winston-Salem (9-13), taking a 40-21 lead with 2:15 left on Holmes' 3-pointer. Holmes shot 5 of 12 from the floor, but went 13-for-15 from the free throw line.
A layup by Joe Davis with 12:13 left in the second half gave Morgan State a 27-point lead - its largest of the game. Winston-Salem would pull no closer than 14 points the rest of the way.
Paul Davis led Winston-Salem with 32 points and 15 rebounds - nine offensive. Brian Fisher scored 10 points.
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Morgan State places Bozeman on leave Jan 9
- Lyons paces Xavier over Morgan State Nov 11
- Morgan State seeks early upset of No. 14 Xavier Nov 11
- Hampton tops Morgan State for MEAC title Mar 12