Howard beats North Carolina A&T 59-49Feb 13, 2010 - 11:45 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Calvin Thompson scored 14 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, and Howard beat North Carolina A&T 59-49 on Saturday.
Dadrian Collins added 12 points and Curtis White had 10 for the Bison (7-19, 6-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who snapped a six-game losing streak. It was the fewest points allowed by Howard this season.
The Bison led 32-21 at halftime and built their largest lead of the game at 23 points with 13:22 remaining.
Howard shot poorly in the second half, making only 7 of 24 field goal attempts (29.2 percent), and made 20 of 55 (36.4 percent) for the game. The Aggies (8-17, 4-7) also struggled from the field, shooting 33.3 percent (18-for-54).
Marc Hill scored 13 points for the Aggies, who have lost three of their past four games and fell to 2-13 on the road. Thomas Coleman chipped in with 11 rebounds.
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Kilpatrick, Bearcats thump Aggies Nov 18
- Aggies face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 18
- No. 17 Kansas downs Howard Dec 30