North Dakota turns back Chicago State 74-60Feb 14, 2010 - 12:42 AM GRAND FORKS, N.D.(AP) -- Patrick Mitchell and Travis Bledsoe each sank four 3-pointers Saturday to lead North Dakota to a 74-60 victory over Chicago State.
Mitchell tied his career high with 17 points and Bledsoe had 16 for the Fighting Sioux (6-17, 3-3 Great West Conference). Travis Mertens added 10.
Christian Wall scored 17 points for the Cougars (7-20, 2-7), who remained winless on the road in 16 tries. Reigning conference player of the week Carl Montgomery added 15 points, and Jonathan Montgomery hit four 3-pointers for 12 points.
North Dakota shot 50.0 percent (23 of 46) from the field and 46.7 percent (a season-high 14 of 30) on 3-pointers.
Chicago State cut its 38-31 halftime deficit to 41-38 on Jonathan Montgomery's 3-pointer with 17:21 left. However, Bledsoe drilled two 3-pointers in a 21-7 run that put North Dakota up 62-45 with 8:36 left.
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29