Texas State defeats Lamar, 81-67Feb 14, 2010 - 12:38 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Cameron Johnson scored 19 points as Texas State defeated Lamar, 81-67, in Southland Conference pay on Saturday.
With 16:10 left in the game Texas State (12-13, 6-5) had a 32-30 lead. Over the next six-minutes they would go on a 15-0 run and jump ahead 47-30. Lamar (14-12, 5-5) would never get the game back to within single digits.
Ryan White added 16 points and John Bowman had 10 for the Bobcats.
Anthony Miles had a game-high 23 points for the Cardinals in the loss. Kendrick Harris had 15 points.
The Bobcats forced 23 turnovers, including 12 steals, which led to 22 fast break points. The Cardinals only managed nine fast break points.
Lamar only made 20 of 55 (36.4 percent) from the field. This loss snaps Lamar's four-game winning streak.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 81 FINAL
Feb 13 7:08 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 25 HALFTIME
Feb 13 5:52 PM
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10