Cornell beats Princeton 48-45 for first in IvyFeb 14, 2010 - 1:52 AM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Jeff Foote scored 11 points and had three blocks, and Ryan Wittman added 13 points to help Cornell defeat Princeton 48-45 on Saturday.
The Big Red (21-4, 7-1 Ivy League), who lost Friday after winning 13 straight, scored 13 points off nine Tigers' turnovers to move a game-and-a-half ahead of Princeton for first place in the Ivy League.
Cornell led 44-38 with 1:38 before Douglas Davis scored five straight to pull within one. Davis, who scored 13 of his 20 points in the last 4 minutes, hit a jumper to make it 44-43 with 24 seconds left.
It wasn't enough, though, as Cornell made four of four free throws the rest of the way, giving Princeton just its second loss in 14 games.
Cornell shot 45.2 percent (19 of 42) against a defense which was holding teams to 39.5 percent.
The Tigers shot just 36.4 percent from the field (16 of 44).
- NCAA BB
PRINCETON 45 FINAL
Feb 13 7:58 PM
- NCAA BB
PRINCETON 21 HALFTIME
Feb 13 6:50 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- Syracuse starts year off right by rallying past Cornell Nov 8
- Eighth-ranked Orange open with Big Red Nov 8
- Harvard wins Ivy League Mar 9
- Duke uses giant run to pound Cornell Dec 19
- Top-ranked Duke plays host to Cornell Dec 19
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21
- No. 6 Orange set to pounce on Tigers Nov 21