North Florida beats Florida Gulf Coast 68-65 in OTFeb 14, 2010 - 3:24 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Andy Diaz finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds as North Florida defeated Florida Gulf Coast 68-65 in overtime on Saturday night.
Jerron Granberry and Eni Cuka scored 13 points each for the Ospreys (12-14, 7-9 Atlantic Sun Conference), who snapped a two-game losing streak with the win.
With North Florida trailing by two points, Anthony Banks tipped in a missed jumper from Kyle Marks to tie the game at 55-55 with 41 seconds left in regulation to force overtime.
Five straight points from North Florida in the extra period gave the Ospreys a 65-61 lead with 25 seconds remaining.
The Eagles (7-19, 4-13) were able to cut the lead to one after a layup from Marks made the score 66-65 with 8 seconds left, but Cuke nailed two free throws for the final score.
Reed Baker scored 19 points to lead Florida Gulf Coast.
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 65
NORTH FLORIDA 68 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 13 9:32 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 55
NORTH FLORIDA 55 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Feb 13 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 27
NORTH FLORIDA 30 HALFTIME
Feb 13 8:09 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- No. 10 Gators fend off North Florida in opener Nov 9