High Point defeats Charleston Southern 73-68Feb 14, 2010 - 2:07 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Nick Barbour scored 28 points to lead High Point to a 73-68 victory over Charleston Southern on Saturday night.
Barbour hit three 3-pointers and went 11-for-12 from the free throw line and Euguene Harris added 18 points for the Panthers (13-12, 8-6 Big South Conference), who won their second straight game.
High Point took a 34-24 halftime lead as Charleston Southern shot only 29 percent from the field (9-for-31) in the first half.
The Panthers struggled from the line in the first half (5-for-9, 55.6 percent), but went 16-for-18 (88.9 percent) in the second to hold off Charleston Southern.
Corey Law added 10 points and nine rebounds for High Point.
Kelvin Martin had 18 points and 10 rebounds, Jamarco Warren had 16 points and Jeremy Sexton added 11 points for Charleston Southern (11-14, 6-9), which lost its third consecutive game.
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 68
HIGH POINT 73 FINAL
Feb 13 8:23 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 24
HIGH POINT 34 HALFTIME
Feb 13 7:01 PM
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- No. 12 Arizona tops Charleston Southern Nov 11