Eastern Illinois turns back Eastern Kentucky 77-54Feb 14, 2010 - 2:49 AM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Tyler Laser scored 17 points and James Hollowell had 16 points and a game-high nine rebounds to pace Eastern Illinois over Eastern Kentucky 77-54 on Saturday night.
The Panthers (14-11, 8-7 Ohio Valley) dominated the Colonels (18-9, 10-5), outshooting them 54.7 percent to 35.0 and outrebounding them 43-26.
Josh Taylor, who led the Colonels with 11 points, gave them their last lead at 13-11. Then the Panthers embarked on a 10-0 run featuring four points by Shaun Pratl and led 21-13.
Spencer Perrin broke Eastern Kentucky's 5:39 scoring drought to trim it to 21-15. But Perrin, who hit two more baskets, was the only Colonel to score until 44 seconds remained in the half, when Dayvon Ellis cut the gap to 34-21.
Jeremy Granger raised the Panthers' lead to 45-25 early in the second half. It was never close again in Eastern Illinois' third straight win.
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Wisconsin (12-0) off to best start in school history Dec 14