UC Santa Barbara tips Long Beach State 64-62Feb 14, 2010 - 2:39 AM SANTA BARBARA, Calif.(AP) -- Jaime Serna scored 17 points to lead UC Santa Barbara to a 64-62 victory over Long Beach State Saturday.
Will Brew scored 12 points, all in the first half, and Orlando Johnson 11 for the Gauchos (14-8, 9-3), who stayed in a first-place tie with Pacific in the Big West. Johnson made a free throw with 44 seconds to play for the only scoring in the game's final minute.
James Nunnally had nine points and seven rebounds, and his free throw with 1:27 to play put Santa Barbara ahead for good. He later missed two free throws but stole the ball to preserve the win. The game was tied 11 times and neither team led by more than six points at any time.
T. J. Robinson had 12 points and 15 rebounds for the 49ers (12-13, 6-6) and Stephan Gilling was the game's leading scorer with 17 points.
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 62
UC SNTA BARBARA 64 FINAL
Feb 13 9:21 PM
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 33
UC SNTA BARBARA 30 HALFTIME
Feb 13 8:02 PM
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- Missouri gets past Long Beach State Jan 4
- Tigers close out non-league play against 49ers Jan 4