Yale defeats Dartmouth 69-56Feb 14, 2010 - 2:16 AM NEW HAVEN, Conn.(AP) -- Michael Sands scored 20 points to pace Yale to a 69-56 win over Dartmouth on Saturday night.
Sands shot 7-for-11 from the field and added eight rebounds for the Bulldogs (10-15, 4-4 Ivy League). Greg Mangano chipped in with 12 points.
The contest was close throughout, as Dartmouth held a 37-29 lead at halftime. But Yale used a 14-2 run in the second half to take a 55-49 lead with 4:23 remaining.
The Bulldogs closed the game with a 12-3 run for the final score.
David Rufful and Ronnie Dixon scored 15 points apiece to lead Dartmouth (4-18, 0-8), which has lost seven in a row. Clive Weeden grabbed 13 rebounds for the Big Green.
Yale shot 52 percent in the second half (13-for-25), while Dartmouth shot 18.8 percent in the half (6-for-32).
Yale's bench outscored Dartmouth's 21-8.
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Murray State beats Yale for CIT title Apr 3
- Racers host Bulldogs for CIT crown Apr 3
- Napier's triple-double leads UConn past Yale Nov 11
- Yale seeks upset of No. 18 UConn Nov 11