Davidson beats Western Carolina 75-72Feb 14, 2010 - 2:31 AM CULLOWHEE, N.C.(AP) -- Nik Cochran and Jake Cohen each scored 14 points to help Davidson hold off Western Carolina in a 75-72 victory on Saturday night.
Ben Allison had 12 points and Steve Rossiter added 10 for the Wildcats (13-12, 8-5 Southern Conference), who held a 70-67 lead on Will Archambalt's jumper with 4:20 left in the second half.
Western Carolina's Harouna Mutombo answered with a 3-pointer to tie the game at 70-70 with 4:07 to play. But the Catamounts (18-8, 8-6) would not pull ahead, as Cohen's layup with 1:05 remaining put Davidson up for good.
The Wildcats outscored Western Carolina in the paint, 32-18.
Davidson shot 46.4 percent from the floor (26-for-56) compared to the Catamounts, who shot 44.8 percent (26-for-58).
Mutombo led Western Carolina with a game-high 15 points, eight rebounds and four assists. Brandon Giles had 13 points and Jake Robinson added 11.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 72 FINAL
Feb 13 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 40 HALFTIME
Feb 13 7:54 PM
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30