Furman defeats Chattanooga 87-78Feb 14, 2010 - 3:14 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Jordan Miller scored 31 points and Furman defeated Chattanooga 87-78 on Saturday night.
Miller was 10 of 18 from the field and Amu Saaka, who finished with 19 points, was 7-for-11 for the Paladins (12-13, 6-8 Southern Conference). Furman, which snapped a two-game losing streak, shot 53.7 percent from the field (29 of 54).
The Paladins trailed 25-21 with 2:41 left in the first half, and Saaka's three-point played pulled them within one with 2:28 to go until halftime.
Furman tied it at 27-27 on Noah States' free throw with 42 seconds left in the first half. The Paladins then took the lead for good, 29-27, on Saaka's jumper, 39 seconds before halftime.
Furman shot 63 percent in the second half (17 of 27), and led by as many as 16 with 10:02 remaining.
DeAntre Jefferson scored 15 points, and Ricky Taylor and Keegan Bell added 14 each for the Mocs (13-14, 5-9).
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24