South Alabama beats Louisiana-Lafayette 67-65Feb 14, 2010 - 4:08 AM MOBILE, Ala.(AP) -- Martino Brock dropped in the go-ahead layup with 23 seconds left and sank a free throw with 9 seconds left on the clock, leading South Alabama to a 67-65 win over Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday night.
With the game tied at 58-58 with 4:18 remaining, South Alabama made only one field goal the rest of the way, but it proved to be Brock's game-winner.
Tyren Johnson's layup with 1:49 left put Louisiana-Lafayette up 65-62, but Tim Williams sank both of his free throws for South Alabama and Brock put in his go-ahead basket after Gary Redus missed a 3. Randell Daigle missed a jumper for Louisiana-Lafayette, setting up Brock's final free throw.
Williams led the way for the Jaguars (15-12, 7-8 Sun Belt Conference) with 23 points and 12 rebounds. Brock finished with 19 points and 13 rebounds.
Johnson paced the Ragin' Cajuns (11-14, 8-6) with 30 points.
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 65
SOUTH ALABAMA 67 FINAL
Feb 13 10:27 PM
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 35
SOUTH ALABAMA 25 HALFTIME
Feb 13 8:59 PM
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17