Weber State hangs on over Northern Colorado 81-76Feb 14, 2010 - 4:15 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Steve Panos scored a career-high 29 points as Weber State defeated Northern Colorado 81-76 on Saturday to earn a two-game cushion atop the Big Sky Conference.
Nick Hansen scored 18 points, shooting a perfect 6 of 6 from 3-point range for WSU (17-8, 11-2) while Damian Lillard added 14.
Hansen's sixth 3-pointer started an 8-0 run for the Wildcats, giving them a 62-52 lead with 10:45 left.
The Bears (20-6, 9-4) hit five free throws to cut that lead in half, and then eventually pulled to 73-72 with 1:21 left after back-to-back 3-pointers from Will Figures.
Figures led UNC with 33 points while Mike Proctor had 10.
After that, Panos completed a three-point play and WSU made 5-of-6 free throws to seal the win.
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 76
WEBER ST 81 FINAL
Feb 13 10:55 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 39
WEBER ST 36 HALFTIME
Feb 13 9:47 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17