Nevada tops Boise State 88-80 in overtimeFeb 14, 2010 - 6:01 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 27 points and Armon Johnson added 24 as Nevada beat Boise State 88-80 in overtime Saturday.
Joey Shaw added 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Wolf Pack (15-9, 7-4 Western Athletic).
Ike Okoye led Boise State (11-14, 2-10) with 32 points. Daequon Montreal added 18, including a 3-pointer with 11 seconds left in regulation that sent the game into overtime tied at 73.
In the extra period, Nevada led 77-76 with 3:19 remaining before going on a 10-2 run to put the game away. Babbitt had eight of the 10 points in the run, sealing the win with a pair of free throws with 51.8 seconds left.
Boise State led the entire first half, building a nine-point lead in the first five minutes en route to a 34-28 advantage at the break.
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 80
NEVADA 88 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 14 12:32 AM
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 34
NEVADA 28 HALFTIME
Feb 13 10:55 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12