Eastern Michigan defeats Western Michigan 66-52Feb 14, 2010 - 10:17 PM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Brandon Bowdry scored 18 points, leading four Eastern Michigan players in double figures and the Eagles defeated Western Michigan 66-52 on Sunday.
Bowdry also had 12 rebounds for the Eagles (13-12, 5-7), who never trailed in the Mid-American Conference contest. Justin Dobbins had 17 points, Carlos Medlock 14 and Jay Higgins 12 for Eastern Michigan.
David Kool led all scorers with 22 points for Western Michigan (13-12, 5-7). Flenard Whitfield added 12 for the Broncos.
Eastern Michigan owned a 42-32 edge on the boards, although the Broncos' Donald Lawson led all players with 13 rebounds.
The Eagles led 31-24 at halftime. Western Michigan scored the first five points of the second half, but came no closer and Eastern Michigan later used a 13-2 run to put the game out of reach.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28