Niagara defeats Marist 70-51Feb 14, 2010 - 9:57 PM LEWISTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Rob Garrison had 18 points, nine rebounds and five assists to help Niagara defeat Marist 70-51 on Sunday.
The Purple Eagles (14-12, 7-7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) scored 22 points off 17 turnovers, one game after snapping Siena's nation-leading 15-game winning streak.
Niagara had nine turnovers, and 14 assists.
The Purple Eagles, who led throughout, jumped out to a 12-2 lead on a Tyrone Lewis 3-pointer with 14:58 left in the first half, and would lead by at least seven points the rest of the way.
Lewis, who finished with 11 points, gave Niagara its biggest lead, 63-40, on a 3 with 6:57 left.
Demetrius Williamson had 14 points and Bilal Benn added 10 for the Purple Eagles.
Devin Price had 15 points for the Red Foxes (1-25, 1-15), who lost their 14th straight. Candon Rusin added 11 points and Daye Kaba chipped in 10 rebounds for Marist.
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Niagara names Casey new men's hoops coach Apr 22
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame cruise past Niagara Dec 22
- Notre Dame puts perfect home mark on line against Niagara Dec 21
- No. 24 Missouri routs Niagara Nov 17
- Niagara faces tall task in clash with No. 24 Missouri Nov 17
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16
- Fairfield rallies past Niagara 69-63 Mar 7
- Canisius tops Marist 72-54 Mar 6