Akron defeats Ohio 91-88 in double overtimeFeb 14, 2010 - 11:11 PM AKRON, Ohio(AP) -- Jimmy Conyers scored 20 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and hit two free throws with 3 seconds left in the second overtime in Akron's 91-88 win over Ohio on Sunday.
The Zips (19-7, 9-3 Mid-American Conference), who won their fourth straight, trailed 89-88 after Ohio's D.J. Cooper hit a jumper with 1:19 left in the final overtime.
Akron's Brett McKnight then missed a jump shot and grabbed his own rebound. But Conyers' 3-pointer missed the mark with 17 seconds to go.
Driving to the lane with 6 seconds left, Cooper was called for traveling and Ohio (14-12, 5-7) sent Conyers to the line.
Chris McKnight scored 25 points and grabbed 18 rebounds for Akron, which went 10 of 12 from the free throw line in overtime.
Cooper, whose jumper with 38 seconds left sent it into overtime, finished with 33 points.
Reggie Keely had 20 rebounds and 16 points for the Bobcats.
- NCAA BB
AKRON 91 FINAL IN 2ND OT
Feb 14 4:56 PM
- NCAA BB
AKRON 34 HALFTIME
Feb 14 3:01 PM
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Niang paces Cyclones over Zips Dec 23
- Iowa State and Akron meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Daniels, Reddic lead Rams in rout of Zips Mar 22
- Akron takes on VCU in second round of NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- Ohio U cancels basketball game amid campus scare Jan 30