Rider 72, St. Peter's 66Feb 16, 2010 - 3:21 AM JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) -- Jonathon Thompson scored 21 points and Rider defeated Saint Peter's 72-66 on Monday night.
Thompson, the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Player of the Week averaging 28 points over his last five games, moved into fifth on the Broncs' all-time scoring list with 1,771.
Rider (15-13, 8-8) shot 70.8 percent in the second half (17 of 24), and finished 29 of 50 from the field (58 percent).
Mike Ringgold scored 17 points on 8-of-10 shooting, and Justin Robinson added 11 for the Broncs.
Rider outscored the Peacocks 46-28 in the paint, and won its seventh of the last nine against Saint Peter's (14-11, 9-6).
Jeron Belin scored 15 for Saint Peter's, while Ryan Bacon added 13, Wesley Jenkins 12 and Nick Leon 10.
The Peacocks shot 38.3 percent from the field (23 of 60), including a 1-for-4 effort from 3-point range (25 percent) in the first half.
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Baggett named Rider head coach May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22
- No. 12 Florida rolls past Rider Dec 9
- Rider heads to Sunshine State to tangle with No. 12 Florida Dec 9