Arkansas State defeats Louisiana-Monroe 69-52Feb 16, 2010 - 3:42 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Martavius Adams scored 18 points and Brandon Reed added 14 as Arkansas State defeated Louisiana-Monroe 69-52 Monday night.
The Red Wolves (15-10, 10-4 Sun Belt) pulled away midway through the first half, and the Warhawks (11-15, 6-9) never threatened again.
Rashad Allison finished with 11 of Arkansas State's 19 assists, and the Red Wolves shot 52 percent while Louisiana-Monroe hit just 33.9 percent of its shots.
Tommy Sykes led the Warhawks with 14 points
Arkansas State extended its 11-point halftime lead to as many as 21 in the second half.
After Louisiana-Monroe pulled ahead 14-13 with 12:34 to play in the first half - its only lead - Arkansas State responded with a 9-0 run and went into halftime up 34-23.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9
- Wiggins makes debut, as Jayhawks host Warhawks Nov 8