Campbell defeats Kennesaw State 71-64Feb 16, 2010 - 2:23 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 21 points and Campbell defeated Kennesaw State 71-64 on Monday night for its fourth straight win.
Kyle Vejraska added 13 points, and Miles Taylor and Preston Dodson each had 10 for the Camels (16-9, 11-5 Atlantic Sun Conference). The win pushed the Camels into a three-way tie for the conference lead with Belmont and Jacksonville.
Campbell's Junard Hartley, the conference leader in assists and 12th in the nation at 5.9 a game, dished out nine assists.
Trailing 56-55 with 6:42 to play, the Camels pulled away with a 13-5 run for a 69-60 lead after a Lorne Merthie 3-pointer with 1:17 remaining. The Camels improved to 10-3 at home this season.
Markeith Cummings scored 15 points, Kurtis Woods and Kelvin McConnell added 11 each and Spencer Dixon had 10 for the Owls (12-15, 7-9), who lost their third straight.
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19
- Kennesaw State coach taking leave of absence Jan 2