North Texas 107, Houston Baptist 87Feb 16, 2010 - 2:35 AM HOUSTON (AP) -- Josh White scored 28 points and hot-shooting North Texas rolled to a 107-87 victory over Houston Baptist Monday night.
North Texas (18-8) hit 56 percent of its shots from the field overall, and 59 percent (10-for-17) from 3-point range. White was 4-for-6 from long distance.
Houston Baptist (6-19) led 42-38 late in the first half but the Mean Green ran off 10 straight points, led 50-44 at halftime and scored the first eight points after the break. It was North Texas' highest-scoring game since a 111-62 win over Angelo State on Dec. 19, 2005.
George Odufwa had 19 points and 10 rebounds for North Texas. Eric Tramiel had 18 points and Tristan Thompson had 17.
Andrew Gonzalez led the Huskies with 23 points. Michael Moss had 12 points and 10 assists, and was the Huskies' leading rebounder with seven. Wendell Preadom scored 16 points and Mario Flaherty had 12.
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 107
HOUSTON BAPTIST 87 FINAL
Feb 15 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 50
HOUSTON BAPTIST 44 HALFTIME
Feb 15 7:52 PM
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7
- Hilltoppers and Mean Green collide in Sun Belt title game Mar 6